Great law firm. Did a fantastic jobYasmin A.
Long Island Single Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Experienced Single Vehicle Collision Attorney in Elmhurst, NY Helps Victims of Accidents Involving One Vehicle Seek Compensation in Suffolk County, Nassau County, and Throughout Long Island
Motor vehicle accidents don’t always involve two or more vehicles colliding. There are instances when only one vehicle is involved in an accident. For example, the car may roll over, or crash into a barrier or telephone pole. When this happens, the accident is classified as a single-vehicle accident. Seeking compensation for these cases is often complex, as establishing liability in a single-vehicle accident may not be easy to prove. If you have been involved in a single car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you should contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. for representation by an experienced and skilled Long Island single vehicle accident lawyer today.
Just because a single vehicle is involved in an accident does not mean that these accidents are not serious. These accidents can be just as dangerous as accidents involving multiple vehicles. They can even prove to be fatal accidents, depending on the circumstances of the incident. If the accident was a result of the negligence or reckless actions of another party, the team at The Harrison Law Group, P.C. will work to recover the compensation you deserve on your behalf. Our team is committed to defending the rights of accident victims. We have a reputation for securing sizable settlements and verdicts. We will fight to secure a favorable outcome in your case.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney from our law firm and take the first step to hold those responsible for your injuries responsible.
Common Causes of Single-Vehicle Collisions
Just because only one vehicle is involved in the accident does not mean that other parties are not involved. Single vehicle accidents can be the result of the reckless or negligent actions of other parties. Some of the most common causes of single vehicle collisions include:
- Reckless or aggressive driving by another driver e.g. speeding or driving on the wrong side of the road
- Defective vehicle resulting in mechanical failure of the vehicle, e.g. brake failure due to defective brake parts
- Dangerous road conditions such as inadequate lighting on the road, loose road surfaces and improper design of the road
- Obstacles on the road e.g. construction debris
Proving fault in a single vehicle accident can be a challenge. It is important to consult an experienced Long Island single vehicle accident lawyer when involved in a single vehicle accident. The team at The Harrison Law Group will investigate your case and gather evidence in order to demonstrate negligence on the part of the guilty party. We will fight to protect your right to compensation and ensure that you recover the compensation that is rightly yours.
Contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. to Consult with an Experienced Long Island Single Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Single vehicle accidents may seem simple at the outset. However, seeking compensation for a single car accident can be even more complex than seeking compensation for other types of motor vehicle accidents. You don’t have to go it alone though. Contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. to consult with an experienced single vehicle collision attorney in Elmhurst, NY. The team at our law firm has been representing victims of vehicle accidents for more than 30 years. We will answer your questions and explain your rights and options to you.
Our team fights for the best results in every case we handle. Get in touch with us now to schedule your free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Single Vehicle Accidents on Long Island
Single vehicle accidents may seem straightforward, but they can be complex. Insurers will do all they can to avoid paying compensation to the victims of an accident in order to avoid losses. If you have been seriously injured or suffered property damage as a result of a single vehicle accident, you should contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. to schedule an appointment for a consultation with an experienced single vehicle collision attorney in Elmhurst, NY. Our team will investigate your case and develop the evidence required to support your claim. We will fight on your behalf to recover the compensation that is rightly yours.
If you have been involved in a single-vehicle accident, the steps you take after the accident will affect your ability to recover compensation for your injuries and other damages. The following are some steps you can take to protect your right to recover compensation for the accident.
1. Check to see if anyone is injured. If anyone is seriously injured and requires emergency care, contact emergency services. This will ensure that both an ambulance and the police are dispatched to the scene of the accident.
2. Contact the police even if there are no serious injuries. It is important to report the accident to the police as soon as possible. The police report will be a vital piece of evidence in proving your claim.
3. Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are seriously injured, it is important to have a medical examination done as soon as possible after the accident. You may be in shock and this may prevent you from noticing the symptoms of your injuries. A medical examination will reveal any injuries suffered and ensure you receive the medical attention you need to avoid complications. Your medical report will also be a crucial piece of evidence in supporting your claim.
4. Document the scene of the accident. This includes taking photos of the vehicle, your surroundings, your injuries, and anything else that is relevant, e.g. road damage. These will be used as evidence.
5. Take down the witness’s contact details as well as the contacts of any other party involved in the accident.
6. Keep track of your expenses. Store receipts such as medical bills, transportation bills, car repair invoices, and any other expenses related to the accident. Record any wages you have lost during your period of recovery.
Brett and Kristi are the best. Very professional. Any questions at any time weekdays or even weekends they always responded right away. When you become a client they treat you as if you are a family member of theirs. Brett will fight to get you the money you deserve from your lawsuit. I’m very happy with Harrison Law Group!! I highly recommend them.Sofiarose G.