Great law firm. Did a fantastic jobYasmin A.
Long Island Lyft Accident Lawyer
Experienced Lyft Injury Attorney in Elmhurst, NY Helping Accident Victims Navigate the Complexities of Lyft Accident Claims in Suffolk County, Nassau County and Throughout Long Island
If you have been involved in a Lyft accident, you may be overwhelmed with dealing with the aftermath of the accident. Many accident victims have to deal with the pain of their physical injuries as well as the economic pressure that these accidents cause. With the help of an experienced Long Island Lyft accident lawyer from The Harrison Law Group, P.C., you can recover full compensation for your damages.
Our team is familiar with the challenges that Lyft accidents present. We have extensive experience in representing accident victims. We have represented Lyft passengers, Lyft drivers, third-party drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians involved in Lyft accidents successfully. You can rely on our experience, knowledge, skills, and resources to secure a favorable outcome in your case.
Contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Lyft injury attorney in Elmhurst, NY and take the first step to protect your right to compensation.
Issues that Lyft Insurance Coverage Presents
When you are involved in a Lyft accident, it is your right to seek compensation for your damages. This is especially true when the accident occurred as a result of the negligence of another party. However, recovering compensation for a Lyft accident isn’t as straightforward as recovering compensation for other types of car accidents. There are various factors that need to be considered in order to determine who you can pursue compensation for and how much compensation you can recover. These include:
- Whether you are able to recover Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Benefits from your own car insurance
- Which party was at fault
- Whether the Lyft driver was on the clock or not, i.e., whether they were logged in to the app at the time of the accident
- Whether the Lyft driver was ferrying a passenger at the time of the accident
- Whether the accident was caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver
Lyft drivers are not considered employees of the rideshare company. They are required to purchase personal car insurance to cover their vehicles. However, New York laws require Lyft and other rideshare companies to maintain commercial insurance policies that cover their drivers in the event of an accident while they are on the clock. Lyft’s commercial insurance policy works as follows:
- When the driver is not logged into the app or is driving for personal reasons: Lyft’s commercial insurance policy will not apply in this instance. If the accident was caused by the Lyft driver, then their personal car insurance policy will apply.
- When the app is on but the Lyft driver is not transporting a passenger: Lyft’s contingent liability coverage will apply in this case. This cover provides up to $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 per accident and $25,000 for damaged property.
- When the app is on and the Lyft driver is transporting a passenger: Lyft’s commercial liability policy will apply. This cover provides up to $1 million per accident. This is paid in addition to what the driver’s car insurance policy provides.
- When the app is on, the Lyft driver is transporting a passenger, and the accident is caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver: Lyft’s commercial liability policy will provide uninsured or underinsured coverage in this case.
It is important to consult with an experienced Long Island Lyft accident lawyer to determine what your options are and to pursue maximum compensation for your damages.
Contact The Harrison Law Group, P.C. to Consult with an Experienced Long Island Lyft Accident Lawyer for Free
Pursuing a large corporation like Lyft for damages suffered in a Lyft accident can be daunting for accident victims. However, you don’t have to do it alone. The Harrison Law Group, P.C. offers you the services of an experienced and skilled team. Contact us now to schedule your free consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable Lyft injury attorney in Elmhurst, NY. We will help you understand your rights and the legal options available to you.
Our team of qualified and experienced professionals will help you pursue your legal rights. We have extensive experience recovering compensation on behalf of Lyft accident victims. You can rely on our team to secure the best possible outcome in your case. Contact us now to schedule your consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lyft Accidents in Long Island and Throughout NY
It is in your best interests to hire an experienced attorney for guidance and representation in your Lyft accident claim. Lyft accidents present accident victims with unique challenges. The laws and regulations applicable in these cases are also unique. You cannot approach a Lyft accident in the same way as you would any other car accident. It helps to have an experienced attorney guiding and representing you.
Contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced Lyft injury attorney in Elmhurst, NY. You can rely on the in-depth knowledge and experience of our attorneys to work for a favorable outcome in your case.
Many accident victims are under a lot of financial pressure with medical bills and not being able to go to work and earn a living. While they understand the importance of hiring an attorney, they are concerned about the cost of having professional legal representation. We at the Harrison Law Group, P.C. understand the challenges facing accident victims. We are committed to ensuring that accident victims can access the high-quality legal representation they need when they need it. We offer high-quality legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means that we don’t get paid unless you do.
Contact us now to schedule a consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable Long Island Lyft accident lawyer from our law firm. We offer a free consultation for Lyft accident victims. We will review your case and help you determine the best approach to recover compensation for your damages.
Brett and Kristi are the best. Very professional. Any questions at any time weekdays or even weekends they always responded right away. When you become a client they treat you as if you are a family member of theirs. Brett will fight to get you the money you deserve from your lawsuit. I’m very happy with Harrison Law Group!! I highly recommend them.Sofiarose G.